Site du Calvaire

Back

Place :
Les Amis du Calvaire de Saint-jean d'Aigremont
Allot Michel
Le Calvaire
St Jean d'Aigremont

12200 Villefranche-de-Rouergue
Tel. : + 33 (0)5 65 57 15 92
Mobile : 06 88 18 99 97
Email :

Exceptional site whose origin is a protohistory fortification of 20 acres. Oppidum Gaulois a double fortification. Castellum after the conquest by Caesar on the Roman road.
Church of St Jean Baptiste that was the first parsh of Villefranche de Rouergue in 1281 until 1301. The building's origins go back to 767. Chapelle du St Sépulcre built in 1715 by the Blue Penitents demolished in the Revolution and re-built in 1807 by the Black Penitents. Access via the Roman road, viewpoint indicator enabling a view over the bastide and historical buildings of the region right to the heart of Quercy to be discovered.

Language(s)

Opening dates

  • 01 january 2018 to 31 december 2018
    • Everyday (9:00 - 19:00)

Rates

  • Free

Equipments and Services on site

  • Access for the handicapped
  • Car park
  • Coach parking
  • Free guided tour for groups
  • Free guided tour for groups
  • Pets allowed
  • Picnic area
  • Prestation - En partie à l'extérieur et en partie couverte
  • Shop
  • TV
  • Wifi in reception area