Place du Barry (Barry place 13th an 14th centuries)
Organized to accommodate markets, the place, long and narrow, is surrounded by stone or wood covered houses from 15 and 16th centuries. They all have porches under which the stalls were sheltered for sale.
Fontaine monolithe des Consuls (Consuls monolitics Fountain-historical monument – 1344)
This public fountain deeply carved in a huge mass of granite, is decorated with a bishop face blessing, a king and several faces, is at the center of the village. A latin inscription relates the date of its construction and the name of the Conuls under whom it was erected.
Chapelle Saint-Barthélémy (Saint-Barthélémy's Chapel) 14th century
This chapel was previously linked to a hospital and a cementery. The gate and a low door are the only remaining items. It was linked to and relied upon the Dômerie d'Aubrac.
Maison du Sénéchal (Senechal's house 15th – 16th centuries)
Built at the foot of the fortress, this residence dating from the end of the Middle Ages, is said to have been the residence of the senechal du Rouergue in the day when Najac was the administrative and judiciary capital of the Rouergue province.
Najac Fortress, famous in the south west of France, was erected to defend the Rouergue province when the Counts of Toulouse chose Najac to be the capital of the Rouergue Region. In 1249, when the Count Raimond VII died, his son in law, Alphonse de Poitiers, brother's king Saint-Louis, took his place and worked at heavily reinforcing the existing military fortress between 1253 and 1260.
Église Saint-Jean l'Evangéliste (Church of Saint-John the Evangelist – Historical monument – 13th century)
This Languedocian gothic church of monumental proportions was built at the request of the Dominican inquisitors with the help of local villagers. Some of them were suspected of heres, and condemned to pay heavy fine in order to redeem their faults.
Pont Saint Blaise (Saint Blaise Bridge – Historical monument – 13th century)
Built between 1259 and 1274, along the primitive road witch led towards Villefranche de Rouergue, this round shaped bridge allowed merchants and pilgrims to cross the Aveyron in all seasons, on their way to Saint-Jacques de Compostelle.